Krishi Kalyan Abhiyan
Implementation Date: Krishi Kalyan Abhiyan was implemented in 25 villages in each of the 111 Aspirational Districts from 1st June to 31st July, 2018.
Aim: The main aim of the abhiyan was to aid, assist and advice farmers on how to improve their farming techniques and raise their incomes.
Objective: The Krishi kalyan Abhiyaan will be undertaken in 25 Villages with more than 1000 population each in Aspirational Districts identified in consultation with Ministry of Rural Development as per directions of NITI Ayog. In districts where number of villages (with more than 1000 population) is less than 25, all villages will be covered.
Various activities to promote best practices and enhance agriculture income are being undertaken under this plan such as:-
- Distribution of Soil Health Cards to all farmers
- 100% coverage of bovine vaccination for Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) in each village
- 100% coverage of Sheep and Goat for eradication of Peste des Petits ruminants (PPR )
- Distribution of Mini Kits of pulses and oilseeds to all
- Distribution of Horticulture/Agro Forestry/Bamboo plant @ 5 per family(location appropriate)
- Making 100 NADAP Pits in each village
- Artificial insemination saturation
- Demonstration programmes on Micro- irrigation
- Demonstrations of integrated cropping practice