Ease of Doing Business Indian States Rankings 2018
The Ease of Doing Business Indian States Rankings 2018 was jointly prepared by the World Bank and Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP). The ranking serve as a check-list of sorts for evaluating states on a 340-point Business Reform Action Plan between July, 2016 and July, 2018.
The ranking is based on 372 action points or reforms undertaken to ease regulation and systems in construction permit, labour regulation, environmental registration, access to information, land availability, and single window system.
The Ease of Doing Business Indian States Rankings 2018:
Important facts on the Ease of Doing Business Indian States Rankings 2018:
- Six states viz. West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha and Tamil Nadu scored between 90 to 95 per cent were placed in Achievers category.
- Three states viz. Himachal Pradesh, Assam and Bihar scored between 80 to 90 per cent were placed in Fast Movers category.
- Other states and union territories which scored below 80 per cent were placed in Aspirers category.
- For second year in a row, Andhra Pradesh outperformed 28 other states and 7 union territories (UTs) to be the best in India to do business.
- To see full list click here.